Finding the ideal moving solution is not easy. There are so many factors to consider, such as price, convenience, security and time. Not only do you need to get your items across the country safely, but you do not want to empty your bank account to do so. Many people these days use moving pods for their move. Pod is usually defined as a protective container. When it comes to storage and moving PODS® have coined and trademarked the word many years ago. So, if you are looking for PODS, you can see their offerings by following this link. This article however, is about generic usage of pods moving and how to find cheap moving pods. These may be provided by a variety of companies, including Box-n-Go. Box-n-Go is not sponsored or affiliated with PODS®.
Using Cheap Moving Pods
Did you know that companies like Box-n-Go offer a truly mobile storage and moving solution? The beauty of moving pods (if this is what you prefer to call them) is that you can use them for a dual purpose. Say you want to keep some of your items in storage, but you eventually want to take them with you to another state. By contacting a company like Box-n-Go, you can arrange for exactly that to happen.
Pods Moving – How Does It Work?
The process of using moving pods is very simple. You contact the company and pick a container size, they send the container to your home and you fill it up. You can take a week or two if you want – there is no rush. When you have filled up the container, you call the company and they send a team over to pick it up.
With pods moving, you must specify where you want your pod to go. There are a few choices. You can have your item sent directly to your new address. The team will tell you when it is scheduled to arrive. Or you can choose to have it kept at a storage facility the company owns.
Temporary or Long-Term Storage
With pods moving, you can have your items stored for as long as you want. Say you are moving. You are giving up your current home, but you are not sure where you will live in the new city. Maybe you will rent a small apartment for three to six months, then move into a bigger home.
You cannot fit all your items there. You do not have to. With cheap moving pods, you can keep your items at a secure, guarded facility until you are ready for them.
When you want your items, contact the cheap moving pods company and they will have your container delivered to your new address. Or have them move it to their storage facility near your new location, so you can access the pod and slowly take out items over a few months.
What you are getting with cheap moving pods is complete flexibility. It is an affordable all-in-one moving and storage solution!
Packing tips for moving your electronic equipment
It’s finally time to move out of your home and place your items in moving pods. You have a lot of personal belongings, but you love your electronics. You have computers, tablets, eBook readers, televisions, and gadgets no one has ever heard of! With the high price tag of each of your electronics, you want to do everything possible to keep them free from damage and safe while they are in storage. Our Storage Company has put together a few simple tips to makes sure you electronics are like brand new before and after you put them in storage.
What should you do with your electronics before placing them in cheap moving pods?
- Clean all of your electronics and wipe off any dust and debris on your devices.
- If possible, store your electronics in the original box you purchased them in. Original packaging will have the necessary padding and protection to keep your gadgets damage free.
- Disconnect all wires, and remove all batteries from all of your devices. Also, you should remove any extra pieces like toner, flash drives, or anything that needs to be removed from your computer.
- Pack your electronics in unmarked boxes. Instead, have a color code system in place so you know what belongs in which box. For example, purple labels are laptops, while red labels are tablets. This way you can identify what is in each box, and prevent thieves from stealing your items while in storage pods.
- Check manufacturer’s guidelines for proper dis-assembly and storing of your electronics. This way you can prevent damage and unnecessary mishaps. Reading the owner’s manual and guidelines to your electronics will most likely help you achieve a hassle-free storage experience.
- If you have certain types of electronics, you may need climate-controlled storage units. It’s highly advisable to search for storage companies which can meet your individual or business moving needs.
- Call the closest storage facility in your area and ask if they have security and systems in place to keep your electronics safe at all times.
- Check to see if your will let you have free and easy access to your electronics at any given time.
- Check to see if the storage solution you choose can deliver your electronics to anywhere you are in the world.
- Wrap your electronics in paper or cloth material to prevent dust build up during the transporting process.
Box-n- Go can store your electronics and more!
Make sure the pods moving company you choose can provide you with flexible storage options to keep your electronics safe. Whether you are storing electronics, household furniture, or other valuables, you can rely on Box-n-Go. We guarantee to provide you with spacious and affordable moving pods today. Call Box-n-Go storage at 877-269-6461 and reserve your space today!