Whether you’re moving down the road or across country, moving is never a fun job. Moving sucks, to be honest, and is a job that no one looks forward to completing. For some, the stress of moving alleviates the overall excitement of the move. It is imperative to hire Santa Monica professional movers to ease some of the moving stress. Santa Monica professional movers offer a variety of moving services that meet the needs of each and every client. Full service moves are particularly benefical to people with busy lives, while furniture movers Santa Monica CA ensure that all of your treasured pieces are safe until arrival at the new location.
Hiring Santa Monica movers is one simple way to minimize some of the stress associated with moving, but only with the right teams of pros will this make a difference in the move. There are many steps that you must take to ensure that your move is smooth and stress-free, including proper research of the moving companies Santa Monica CA who offer their service. But, do not stop with a bit of research. Use the 15 tips below to alleviate the headache of moving so you can sit back and enjoy your new place the way that you should.
Ask friends, neighbors, and others to refer you to the best Santa Monica movers. Word-of-mouth is almost always an exceptional way to gather the information that you want and need when searching for moving companies Santa Monica CA. It saves time to ask the people that you trust the most and certainly helps strike up a great conversation.
- Hire moving companies Santa Monica that bring professionalism, experience, and expertise to the job. But, ensure the company chosen for the move also has a license and insurance to complete the job. Choosing Santa Monica movers without license and insurance is a risk that you do not want to take. Should a problem occur during the move, you may be on your own and out in left field if you hire moving companies Santa Monica that are not licensed and insured.
- Use clear storage bins to pack items that you may need to use. It is much easier to get what you need when the items are packed separately in a see-through container.
- Bubble wrap is expensive, but dishes, art, and other breakables need wrapped before they’re moved. Save money by using newspaper, blankets, and old towels to wrap breakables for the move.
- Label each box with the contents inside and the area of the home it is used.
- Use sandwich bags to store loose nuts, bolts, screws, and other small items that you need but that are easily lost.
- Save money on the cost of boxes by using totes, baskets, and other fillable containers around the home. Not only will you save a tremendous amount of money since you won’t need to purchase as many boxes from moving companies Santa Monica CA, you’ll also save time!
- Choose Santa Monica professional movers who offer special deals and promotions. While the offers vary, you will always find a great money-saving deal if you look for them. Moving companies Santa Monica CA are competing for your business. As such, the valuable deals are always sweet.
- Number your boxes. It is much faster to count numbers than it is to try to remember everything. Sure, Santa Monica professional movers itemize your belongings before a move, but the number system is so much easier to use. When you arrive at the new location with the same 50 boxes you left with, the world is good.
- If you’re moving a lot of furniture, make sure to hire furniture movers Santa Monica. Hiring furniture movers Santa Monica eases the strain of moving furniture items because they specialize in handling bulky, larger items that some cannot move. Most furniture movers Santa Monica also move other household items so there’s no need to hire two or more companies for the job.
- Moving companies Santa Monica CA are plentiful, but each has their own set of rules and terms. Always read the fine print before you hire. Ask the Santa Monica movers questions and do not settle for a company whom doesn’t meet your every need.
- Don’t forget the small stuff! Obviously, you know that the electricity and water need to be transferred to the new location, but don’t forget the telephone and Wi-Fi, the change of address forms, and the other miscellaneous changes you need to make. It seems so simple, something that you do frequently. But, when you’re moving, it is easy to let things slip through your mind.
- Sort through your belongings before you move. Toss out or donate items that you aren’t using or that you do not want. Perhaps there are items that you no longer want or need that your friends or family would love. Why not ask and save yourself time when relocating to a new home? There is no reason to hire Santa Monica movers to relocate items that are unimportant or unnecessary to take to the new home.
- Research the Santa Monica professional movers available to you. Not all companies offer the same rates, the same dedicated service, or the same reliability. When you research the options, it is easy to find a company that exceeds your expectations and helps you relocate without causing headache in the process. Much of the information that you need is easily found online with a few clicks of the mouse.
- Lists are your friend. Make sure you make lists of everything that you need to do during the move, whether it is placing that call the cable company, calling references obtained from the furniture movers Santa Monica, or even your daughter’s dentist appointment. Moving is hectic and the added stress can take its toll if you’re unprepared.
Use the 15 moving tips above when it is time to relocate and you’ll arrive at your new home ready to embark upon your new life rather than spend your time up in arms after a move gone wrong.