Are you planning your next move? When it comes to relocating, whether it be across town, state or country, you want the most secure and hassle-free solution that keeps expenses within your budget. A moving container rental service is one of the most convenient, flexible and affordable ways to move your belongings. It offers unique advantages not available with conventional truck and trailer moving companies.
Benefits of using a Moving Container
Gives control of your entire move. A container is dropped at your home according to your schedule; you get to load it at your convenience and have it delivered to your new location. You’ll be in control of how your container is packed, moved and only you have the key to access it.
Easy packing. Packing up your possessions is the most stressful aspect of moving. You would prefer having the time to sort your possessions and declutter as you go. With a moving container rental on-site, you can load your items at a pace that meets your busy lifestyle. This way, you will never have to worry about keeping your moving crew waiting, and since the container is at ground level, you can do a lot of loading and unloading yourself with ease.
Versatility. Unlike moving companies where the driver’s schedule dictates a variable delivery spread, a moving container rental lets you choose a specific day of delivery. The service separates the actual storage device from the transportation itself allowing you to move at your own pace. If you need some time to complete your packing, using a moving container can give you the flexibility you need.
Security. Security is a major issue of concern when you’re packing, storing and moving your worldly possessions. A rental moving container is built around a sturdy steel frame and is designed to withstand strong winds, rain, moisture and other harsh weather elements. Besides, it’s either stored on-site or in a locked-down, climate controlled storage facility and in either case, the owner is the only one with a key to access it.
Perfect for de-cluttering. If you’re selling your home or want to get it ready for renovations, portable storage containers are great for de-cluttering. Instead of cluttering up other areas of your home, you can keep all of your belongings in a container where they can stay safe and secure while providing a tidy and spacious environment.
Handles any changes or unexpected delays. In case you experience unexpected delays, the container can double up as storage allowing you to store your belongings for a given duration either at your home or in a storage warehouse. The rental containers also come in different sizes so you can always find one that fits your needs perfectly.
Cost-effective. If you’re moving on a tight budget, a portable storage unit is a great way to complete your move in a cost-effective manner. You only pay for the container rental, delivery, and pick-up. Prices also vary based on the number and size of the moving containers and the distance of travel. This is cheaper compared to a majority of professional moving companies which provide a flat fee quote for a long distance move.
While there are many reasons why moving with rental containers is much better for today’s homeowners and renters, one should make sure they use a reputable service that guarantees a smooth, safe, and stress-free move.
A great option for your moving and self-storage needs is to use moving container rental units supplied by Box-n-Go Storage. Follow the guidelines below to make the most of your storage units.
- Large furniture is often designed for dis-assembly. Keep the components together by binding. Keep all fixings screws bolts etc. in a bag tied to the item.
- Empty fridges freezers and dishwashers, you can use the space for additional storage but make sure doors are kept ajar to prevent mold or mildew forming.
- Coil up and tie electrical cords from appliances and secure them so they do not dangle or form a trip hazard.
- Pack the unit with items you may need more frequently at the front of the unit. Less in demand items can be stored at the rear.
- Empty all furniture cupboards and drawers of breakables, prohibited items and anything that could damage or puncture.
- However use the space in drawers for blankets, sweaters, lingerie, bath towels and similar soft, lightweight goods
- Group similar items together. Do not pack delicate fragile items in the same box as heavy kitchen saucepans.