Whether moving your home’s furnishings or a student returning home from college moving storage units are very useful to you. Military troops moving to new locations? Storage units for moving can be a great help. A company moving to a new office? Moving and storage units are very useful while relocating. Portable storage containers offer customers flexibility with their moving timeline. Customers also can store their belongings before, after and during their move. Our goal at Box-n-Go is to provide you with cost-effective moving and storage units. We focus on making moving as easy as possible; we recommend the following tips to utilize storage units for moving, thoroughly. In return, you will maximize space, stay organized, experience a smooth and hassle-free move as well as save you money.
While most of our services are designed for do-it-yourselfers, we do offer a host of full services to complement our conveneint and economical storage and moving options:
- flat priced loading assistance service
- full service moving
Our loading assistance package offers to load the items you have prepared for storage or moving into your Box-n-Go containers. The advanage of this package is that it is flat rate priced. This means that your cost will not change with more stairs, elevators or other dificulties our crews may encounter along the way. This option is perfect for people who are busy, impaired, or simply need help with heavy lifting. You can have us load just one unit or all. You are in complete control.
Please note some of the requirements of this service:
- this service is provided in addition to Box-n-Go storage and moving services and is priced independently.
- you are respponsible for disassembly of your furniture. We can help you with some incidental disassembly, but if you want us to take apart your bed, table or take TV off the wall, there will be a small additional charge for this service. Remember, the particle board furniture (IKEA type) cannot be moved when assembled.
- you are responsible for packing your items into boxes. We cannot not load small misc. loose items from your home into Box-n-Go storage containers. If you wish us to do so, we will pack these items into cardbox boxes prior to loading. There will be a small additional charge for this service.
- we cannot load prohibited items. These include liquids, chemicals, perishables or items of value (including sentimental)
- you are responsible for wrapping your items to protect them from damage. Should you wish us to perform wrapping services using blankets and paper pads, we can do so for a small additional fee.
Full Service Moving
Box-n-Go can allso arrange for a full service move. A different type of equipment is usually emploed for this type of service. This service is charged based on an hourly rate for a specific crew size and a moving van. To learn more about this service follow this link.
Planning to Use Moving Storage Units.
Planning is vital when packing your belongings in moving and storage units. Before you start packing, you will require a plan. Your initial step should be to take an inventory of every item you need to pack. Ensure you have thought through all the items that you plan on putting into the storage units for moving. Make sure you have all the right packing supplies: boxes of the right sizes, packing materials, bubble wrap to cover fragile items, newsprint, tape, markers to label every box, furniture covers and more. If you do not know how much moving storage units you will require, contact us at box-n-go and our helpful storage experts are always ready to assist. Box-n-go also offers a full range of packing supplies.
Maximize space, and provide stability while using the storage units for moving.
Fill up any open spaces with boxes and other small items to offer the moving storage units with stability. If there are spaces between the top of the boxes and the storage unit’s ceiling, place soft items on top of the boxes, such as bags of clothing or pillows. Odd-shaped things, such as bicycles, can be placed on top of the boxes or near the doors. Dismantle furniture to save space, for instance, to store a table; you can remove the legs and place large items such as couches on end to maximize space inside the moving and storage units. If you have a mattress to load, place it last to finish off the top layer of stability.
Distribute weight properly when packing your moving and storage units.
When loading boxes and other items, into storage units for moving, distribute the weight evenly from side-to-side and end-to-end. Boxes with heavier items should be placed at the bottom, and they should be sturdy enough to withstand the pressure of all the other boxes being stacked on top of it. When packing, put the heavy items such as appliances and furniture, on the bottom of the box first and then fill it to capacity with lighter items. If you cannot get proper weight distribution with your moving and storage units, contact the box-n-go team, we are devoted to helping you move effortlessly.
Secure and protect your items inside the unit.
Most moving and storage units have points to install loading straps. Use the loading straps to secure the items inside the storage units and prevent load shifting, but do not apply much force when securing the straps or you may damage your belongings. Ensure to secure the last section near the doors of the storage unit with loading straps to prevent them from disrupting the door’s operation. For mold, mildew, and odor control, consider placing moisture absorbents inside the moving storage units. Cover items on the top of the moving storage unit with a layer of cardboard or other material to protect it from light exposure, especially if the moving and storage units will be stored outside for an extended period. Also keep the storage units for moving safe from theft by locking it whenever it is unattended.
When you are looking for moving storage units to help your house move go smoothly, Box-n-Go Storage offers the time saving efficiency of allowing you to pack mobile storage units they deliver to your door at your convenience. Following the tips below will make your packing and moving easier:
- Pack room by room. To stay organized, and to make it easier to unpack, pack boxes systematically, room by room. It’s also helpful to pack similar items together—mixing crockery with saucepans is a bad idea.
- Keep items in their proper place. When packing silverware for example, keep the flatware in its tray and wrap the whole thing with bubble wrap to keep it secure. It will make things a lot easier to sort and unpack.
- Designate the essentials. Mark a few “load last, unload first” boxes filled with key item you will want immediately on moving. Typically include things like: box cutter, toilet paper, garbage bags, cleaning stuff, tools for reassembling furniture, coffee machine.
- Start with the old. Pack the out of season stuff first. Next, go with the stuff you don’t use very often, and leave the things that you use all the time for last.
Note: loading labor service and full-service moving is provided by our sister company My Moving Guys a licensed California Mover Cal-T 0191190. Box-n-Go will provide full administration of your move from start to finish, customer service, cross country moving options and will provide any storage requirements you may have.