Moving and Storage
When packing your household items for moving and storage, using the outlined tips will ensure the process goes smoothly and saves future headaches. When you are looking for storage in Santa Monica one option that will save time is to use mobile storage from Box-n-Go Storage to make their self storage trouble free. Packing Boxes
- Use sturdy purpose-made packing boxes as cheap second hand recycled boxes can collapse.
- Fill boxes to the top as partly filled boxes will collapse if other heavy items are placed on top.
- Make sure boxes are not too heavy to lift when filled – a carton of books or files is particularly heavy. No more than 50 pounds weight per box is recommended.
- Label every box with its contents, and it will help to mark which room it is for.
Packing Fragile Items
- If you have any fragile items to pack, use bubble wrap or tissue paper for protection.
- If you want to use newspaper to pack fragile items, be aware that the newsprint can rub off and transfer to your item over a period of time.
- When packing plates, wrap each plate in packing paper and store them on their ends.
- Wrap mirrors and pictures in bubble wrap and stack on their ends in cartons.
Following these guidelines will help ensure trouble free storage in Santa Monica.
While self-storage is nothing new, the portable storage system has changed the age-old system into a convenient and simple storage process. Introduced quite a few years ago, mobile storage units provide an efficient and easy way to pack and store items. Companies like PODS® and Public Storage have, over the years, developed various portable storage concepts, including the portable storage delivery systems and several storage containers sizes, which they referred to as PODS® for Portable On Demand Storage (Box-n-Go Storage is not associated, sponsored or affiliated with PODS Enterprises, Inc. PODS® is a registered trademark of PODS Enterprises, Inc.)
Today, Box-n-Go Storage has taken the concept pioneered by Public Storage and PODS Enterprises, Inc. a step further: we can deliver one or several portable storage containers that are modular and sized right, at the same time, straight to your door in Southern California. Box-n-Go Storage is not associated, sponsored or affiliated with Public Storage, Inc., U-Haul International, Inc. or PODS Enterprises, Inc. Public Storage® is a registered trademark of Public Storage, Inc. U-Haul® is a registered trademark of U-Haul International, Inc. PODS® (Portable On Demand Storage) is a registered trademark of PODS Enterprises, Inc.