Do you live in Thousand Oaks? Are you thinking about selling your home?
It is a big step to put your home on the market. Even if you were thinking about it for some time, it only feels real when you take that BIG step. But you may want to consider a few things first.
Here are some questions that you may want to ask yourself before you make your home available for the public to see.
1. What Can You Upgrade?
It is hard to find faults in your home, as it is a place that you have come to love and cherish. But look at your home from an unbiased perspective. Are there parts of the interior or exterior that you could improve on a budget? Perhaps a kitchen or bathroom remodel?
Small improvements can make your home appeal a lot more to prospective buyers. Sometimes even just a little paint in the right spots can make all the difference in the world.
2. What Do Prospective Buyers Want to See?
Put yourself in the shoes of prospective buyers. What do you want to see in a home you are about to bid on?
If you are targeting families, consider adding some furniture to your home to create a baby room. If you are going after older couples or single individuals, you may want to set up a home office in one of the rooms. It would show buyers what they could experience if they bought your home!
But if the room has furniture that does not fit the look you’re going for, you may want to store it. But don’t start looking for storage units in thousand oaks. A mobile storage solution just may be a far better option for you.
3. Is Your Home Too Cluttered?
While it is nice to showcase a home that looks like someone lives in it, you do not want an overly cluttered space either. Open areas are what prospective buyers want to see. Furniture or décor should be accents, giving charm to the room. The rest of the furniture should be removed for the time being.
But again, don’t go searching for storage units near 91362. Mobile storage providers will bring a unit to your door for easy and fast packing. You can leave it locked in the driveway, shipped to your new home, or stored on their premises until you need it.
Thanks to mobile storage solutions, you can have greater benefits than local self-storage near 91362 can provide.
Not only can you use the mobile storage space to move out some items, but you will have an easier time decorating your house with fewer items. Now you can arrange everything to look homey and inviting to potential buyers.
4. Are Your Personal Items Safe?
Eliminating unneeded items is only half the battle. When you are looking for storage space in 91362, you need to keep security in mind. And a local storage facility simply cannot guarantee that your unit will not be broken into. And you should never keep valuables in your home during an open house. The last thing you want is something valuable going missing during an open house.
By contracting mobile storage units in Thousand Oaks, you can keep your jewelry, expensive knick-knacks and other possessions secure.
5. Are you Ready to Move Out Quickly?
Putting your home on the market means you are in the final stages of moving out. You cannot continue thinking it is business as usual, because you could get an offer on the house any day.
But Googling “storage units 91362” isn’t the answer. The only way you can ensure that you are prepared to move on short notice is by having a mobile storage unit ready and waiting.
For those considering using storage units in Thousand Oakse to cope with self storage needs an option that should be considered is the mobile storage units supplied by Box-n-Go Storage. They will deliver any number of mobile units to any Thousand Oaks address for you to pack at your own convenience.
Pack the units correctly and you will save valuable time and money.
- Try to use uniform size boxes. If you pack as much as you can in the same size boxes it will ensure they are easy to stack in storage. It is wise to fill boxes tightly but do not over pack or under pack. A bulging box will not stack correctly and an under filled box can collapse damaging your goods. Use packing material to fill empty space.
- Pack heavy items such as books and tools in small boxes. To make lifting and carrying easier limit the weight of all boxes to 30-40lbs.
- Ensure all domestic appliances are thoroughly cleaned before storing to prevent any mold or mildew forming inside. Keep the doors of appliances wedged open during storage.
- Store books flat to protect their spines. Line cartons with plastic and fill empty spaces with packing paper.
- Keep your frequently used items at the front of your unit where you can get at them easily.
- As you load your container, make a simple drawing that shows where items are placed.
- Protect your furniture with covers designed for the item.
- Make the best use of your storage area by stacking to the ceiling, working from heaviest items on the bottom to lightest items on top.
- Use your refrigerator or other items to store things like linens, books or CDs. Wedge the door of any appliances open so air can circulate inside them.
- If you’re storing a gas powered item like a lawnmower prevent odors by draining the tank before you put it in your unit.
Once you have correctly packed your storage units in Thousand Oaks, they are collected and taken to a secure storage facility, saving you any time and cost in transporting your possessions.