Moving from one home to another is rarely a simple process. There are a number of things that need to be done to make the move a success. No one wants to leave anything behind or break any of their valuable belongings during the move. Doing these 10 things prior to moving day will help you manage your time so everything about the move goes smoothly.
1. Get organized. Knowing what you are going to use at your new home, which items you should sell and what you will put in storage units near encino until you need them again can is critical to a stress-free move. You’ll also need to determine whether you’ll use a moving company or rent a truck. Setting this up in advance can help you stay relaxed in the final days before the move. If you need boxes, learn where to get them early. Many people find it helpful to make a list of all the things they need to do and check items off.
2. Transfer utilities. It’s important to get this done weeks prior to moving. The sooner the utility companies know you’re going to be moving, the more likely it will be that everything will be working when you move into your new home. With gas, electricity and water services in place, making the transition to the new home and neighborhood will be easier.
3. Fill out a change of address form. This form is available at the local post office or online and it should be filled out as soon as you know your moving date. It can take some time for the post office to forward all mail. Inform anyone who sends you mail that you’ll be moving so they can direct future correspondence to the correct address.
4. Gather supplies. You’ll need to have some supplies on hand for the moving process to be successful. Just about everyone who moves needs boxes. Whether you plan to move everything in the home to the new house or put a lot of it in storage units near encino ca, you’re going to need packing supplies. This includes not only boxes in various sizes, but bubble wrap, newsprint paper, labels, tapes and tie-down straps. Companies that provide storage units near encino often sell a wide variety of packing supplies and can give customers helpful advice about packing their belongings.
5. Donate, don’t store unnecessary items. Just about everyone has a closet filled with things they haven’t used in over a year. Some of these items have sentimental value and should be packed along with other important belongings. However, for things that are only collecting dust and aren’t going to used again, it makes more sense to sell it rather than let it take up space in the new home. This is especially important for those who are downsizing. With less closet space in the home, you may need to rely heavily on storage units near encino ca to keep your valuables safe. The storage units encino residents use are priced based on size so if you want to save money, donate belongings you don’t need to people who will give them new life.
6. Choose a storage unit. The storage units encino movers have access to range in sizes that can hold everything from a single room of furniture to an entire 3-bedroom home. It can be challenging to determine how much space you actually need because boxes can be stacked to the ceiling of the unit. An experienced customer service representative from one of the storage units near encino ca can help you choose the right size so you don’t waste your money. Storage facilities have various features, such as climate controlled units and 24 hour access. Choose from storage units near encino ca that have everything you need and are close to your new home rather than the old one. You may need some time to evaluate all of the storage units near encino ca so don’t put this task off until the last minute.
7. Organize everything before you pack. Fragile items need to be handled differently than everything else. If they are going in storage units near encino, fragile items need to be packed and stored safely. Whether you are hiring a moving company to pack for you or you’re doing it all yourself, you need to be sure your belongings are packed room by room. If items get mixed up during the packing phase, it could be really tedious to find things you need when you start to unpack. When using storage units encino families often organize their belongings based on how likely it will be that they will need to remove them from the storage unit. Boxes and furniture that don’t need to be removed can be stored on the bottom or in the back of the unit.
8. Label the boxes. This is one of the most important parts of packing. Every box should have a label and the boxes should be organized by room. This ensures you’ll be able to find the things you need right away. The labels will help you save valuable time as you get adjusted to living in your new home. Instead of searching through stacks of boxes for dishes or sheets, you’ll be able to find exactly what you need so you can settle in right away. Labeling will also help you separate the boxes that you intend to put in storage units near encino. Be sure to put the labels on the sides so you can find what you need quickly when you need to get it out of the storage unit.
Organization is key to a successful move. Using storage units near encino can be an effective way to reduce the amount of clutter in a new home. By effectively using storage units encino families can save space in their new homes without having to sell things that are important to them. Most of the storage units encino families use offer around-the-clock access and climate control units so delicate items aren’t damaged by extreme temperatures. Every box, whether it goes to the storage unit or to the new home, should be labeled and ready to be unpacked. Ideally, only belongings that will actually be used should be in the new house or apartment. The rest should have been moved into a storage unit or donated in the weeks prior to the move.