Home remodels can be messy and complicated. Even a minor remodel can involve many moving parts, which is why a storage solution is often required. But instead of looking at storage units for rent Hermosa Beach Redondo Beach, perhaps a more elegant solution is required. Here are some questions to ponder regarding home remodeling and storage solutions.
1. Do I Need to Empty Out Certain Rooms Before a Remodel?
Depending on the type of remodel you are considering, you may need to empty out rooms before work begins. Say you are working on a client’s kitchen. It does not make sense to have utensils, cooking equipment and appliances in there during the remodel. Items will get dirty or damaged, while other appliances are just in the way.
2. Where Will I Place Items that Need Moving During the Remodel?
The scope of a remodel plays an important role in determining where you will place items that need moving during the process. Say you are remodeling one room in the house. It may be easy for the homeowner to just move those items into neighboring rooms.
But if the remodel will eventually include those rooms, it be sensible to use storage units in Redondo Beach CA to store items that are in the way. That ensure the rooms are all decluttered, allowing for a much simpler remodeling process.
3. Do Traditional Storage Units Near Redondo Beach CA Offer the Amenities Needed?
The big question is ask is whether storage units Redondo Beach California are the best option for relocating items during a remodel. On the surface, they appear to be a good option. But are there some missing features in this service?
Self-storage solutions usually require you to personally bring the items to the facility. That means extra work for the homeowner or the remodeling company. It involves renting a truck, loading that truck and then unloading it at the facility. And it usually means that you must do all that moving in a single day, before you have to give the truck back. Is there a better option?
4. What is the Best Solution for Relocating Items During a Remodel?
When remodeling a home, mobile storage solutions offer the best features and affordability. Not only are mobile storage solutions like the ones offered by Box-n-Go within reasonable price ranges, but they come with so many amenities.
Mobile storage offers the flexibility needed during a remodel. Say the remodel is minor, such as changing up the flooring and fixtures in the bathrooms. Having a mobile storage container right outside the house is so useful. You could move the items in the bathrooms and store them in that container – right outside your home.
But what if the remodel evolves into something more? Maybe the homeowner decides they want to remodel their kitchen and bedroom too. Mobile storage has you covered. You can take all the items in those rooms, load them into the container and have the company pick up the mobile storage container. They will take it to their secure facility.
And when your remodel is done, simply contact the company and ask them to send you the container again. Now you will get your loaded container outside your doorstep, ready for you to unload. And you can spend as many days as you need unloading the items and setting up your newly remodeled rooms!
It is so easy to incorporate mobile storage solutions with a home remodel. There is no need to stuff items into other rooms or use inconvenient self-storage solutions. Mobile storage offered by companies like Box-n-Go is the superior service for home remodeling projects.
A highly recommended option for storage units in Redondo Beach is to use Box-n-Go Storage. They offer mobile storage units which are delivered to your location.
Follow the advice below to help you pack your larger items.
Follow the many packing tips on this site alongside the 5 tips below to make your storage a success.
Packing Tips for Storage
- Precious old photos are liable to curl over time. To keep them flat use a quality album or keep them between taped pieces of cardboard. Larger pictures can be kept rolled in tubes
- Mattresses should be covered and stored on edge to save space.
- Use textile dust sheets to protect furniture and treat wood surfaces with a polish before storing.
- Use a wardrobe box to pack clothing on hangers to reduce creasing.
- Whenever possible stack large furniture like dressers or tables top-to-top to save space.
Guidelines for Larger Items
- Check the manual for any specific moving instructions for appliances and other electronic equipment.
- Keep the tub of your washing machine from moving around during any move by filling the drum with items like stuffed toys, blankets, towels, and linens.
- Ensure that any loose components in your refrigerator (including ice trays and crisper drawers) are held secure. If there are any exposed coils these should be padded to protect them while they are moved to protect them.
- When breaking apart a bed, use tape or twine to keep the parts in one place. Keep screws and fixtures in a bag tied to item
- Fill drawers in furniture with wrapped items or clothing. Keep entire draw furniture covered with a curtain, blanket or sheets. Do not tape drawers shut as the wooden finish can be damaged.
- Cover tables with a curtain, blanket or sheets. Remove legs when possible. Keep screws and fixtures in a bag tied to item.
The units delivered are a standard 5′ wide 8′ long and 7′ high and you can order as many units required for your storage units in Redondo Beach requirements. They are ground level loading making them easy to pack at your own convenience.