Westchester Self Storage
The key to successfully making the most of your Westchester self storage is correct planning and preparation.
- Make a detailed list of the items you are storing and keep it safe for future reference.
- Estimate the replacement value of all your items and arrange insurance cover. For a reasonable charge you can often include your goods on existing home insurance..
- Use good quality packaging materials. Use a specialist supplier for boxes, tape and bubble wrap of the best quality. You can buy complete packing supply sets.
- Do not over fill boxes as bulging boxes will not stack and are likely to topple.
- Partially full boxes are likely to collapse when piled and can damage contents.
- Pack heavy items into small boxes so that they are easy to carry.
- For easy location of your items, number or label your boxes.
- Store items you may need frequently at the front near the door.
- To make the most of your storage space stack same size boxes together.
- Protect sofas and mattresses with covers.
- Use bubble wrap and or tissue paper to protect your fragile items.
- Ensure that all garden equipment is clean before storing.
- Cover your furniture with dust sheets and protect table and leg chairs with bubble wrap.
For residents of Westchester, self storage can be made straightforward using mobile storage units provided by Box-n-Go Storage. Combined with the packing tips above and others on this site it will be a positive experience.
How many storage units do I really need?
Many people underestimate the amount of items they really have. Therefore, they search for self storage without a realistic idea of how many storage units they really need. If you are not sure on how many storage units you need, the best thing you can do is search for storage. Once you find a storage company you like, don’t be afraid to ask questions. A good storage company will be able to give you a general idea on how many storage units you need based on all the belongings you plan on putting in storage.
While self-storage is nothing new, the portable storage system has changed the age-old system into a convenient and simple storage process. Introduced quite a few years ago, mobile storage units provide an efficient and easy way to pack and store items. Companies like PODS® and Public Storage have, over the years, developed various portable storage concepts, including the portable storage delivery systems and several storage containers sizes, which they referred to as PODS® for Portable On Demand Storage (Box-n-Go Storage is not associated, sponsored or affiliated with PODS Enterprises, Inc. PODS® is a registered trademark of PODS Enterprises, Inc.)
Today, Box-n-Go Storage has taken the concept pioneered by Public Storage and PODS Enterprises, Inc. a step further: we can deliver one or several portable storage containers that are modular and sized right, at the same time, straight to your door in Southern California. Box-n-Go Storage is not associated, sponsored or affiliated with Public Storage, Inc., U-Haul International, Inc. or PODS Enterprises, Inc. Public Storage® is a registered trademark of Public Storage, Inc. U-Haul® is a registered trademark of U-Haul International, Inc. PODS® (Portable On Demand Storage) is a registered trademark of PODS Enterprises, Inc.