You get called into your superior’s office and told that you are being tasked with helping the company open a new store in a different state. It is an exciting project that brings greater responsibility and pay. However, it also means being away from home for anywhere from six months to a year. One of the biggest issues facing individuals who must move temporarily because of work is figuring out where to keep all their items. It is unlikely you will want to pay rent in two different cities, even if your company is subsidizing your accommodation where you are going. It is why Whittier self storage is an option that appeals to many young members of the workforce who must shift to another city for a few months.
The problem is that many of the traditional Whittier storage solutions are not all they are cracked up to be! Many of these Whittier storage units may make your life even more complicated than it was before. Here are some interesting facts you should know about Whittier self storage and the alternative solutions that are available.
1. Misleading Introductory Prices
It is a known strategy from Whittier storage companies to lure you into using their service by advertising very low rates for the first few months. These rates are useful if you only need storage for the summer. But any period longer than three months will see you paying very high rates for Whittier public storage spaces. Moreover, it is not like you can come back to the city and move your items to another unit, as you will be hundreds of miles away!
2. Poor or No Climate Control Solutions
Another significant issue with Whittier storage units is the lack of climate control. Even ones that advertise climate control do a very poor job, which means your unit may be exposed to extreme temperatures while you are away. And depending on the items you put in those units, the climate could cause serious damage to your property.
3. Inconvenient Loading and Unloading Process
Another hurdle with Whittier self storage is the entire process of loading and unloading your unit. When you first rent a unit at a Whittier storage facility, you must drive up there in a truck with all your items. First, you need to rent a truck, then fill it up, drive to the unit and then unload the entire truck. And all this must be done within specific hours, as most units close fairly early in the day!
4. Mobile Storage is a Real Alternative to Whittier Public Storage or any other traditional Whittier self storage
If you are already scared at the prospect of using Whittier storage units, do not worry, we have an alternative for you. Mobile storage is the new solution that many people are using because they are happy with the rates, flexibility, and other amenities. However, how does mobile storage work? With a mobile storage solution, such as Box-n-Go, you get a storage unit sent to your address when you order your first month of service. Then you can load up your container, call the company, and they will come to take it away. How easy is that? No more renting trucks, driving up to a storage unit and having to load everything up in a single day.
The best part is that with mobile storage, you can even have them send the box to your future address in a different city down the road. Say you move permanently to the city where you are relocating. Instead of having to drive back to Whittier to pick up your items, you can have Box-n-Go send your container to your new address!
As you can tell form the above, moving is one of the major situations that affect our lifes. Moving a household can be not only an expensive decision it can also move very stressful. We all feel under pressure with the organization and upheaval when moving home but using Whittier storage service can be a very viable route to make it easier. It is said to be up there with weddings, divorce and new babies as creating household pressure. While nobody can claim to make a move stress free when you consider many of the hoops we all have to jump through in financial and legal ways. Dealing with those aspects can be a lot easier than packing, unpacking and moving all our belongings often within one day.
Whittier storage service can make a home moving a lot less stressful especially if you use mobile storage solutions from Box-n-Go Storage. What this will allow you to do is have mobile self-storage containers delivered to your home allowing you to carefully pack your possessions in your own time. This is then collected from your Whittier location when required and taken to a secure storage facility. When required this is sent to your new address anywhere in the country.
Follow the guidelines below to ensure you pack your mobile storage correctly. After all you have a lot invested in your possessions financially and emotionally so it’s important they are packed carefully for safe keeping.
- If you’re storing tables and other furniture, remove legs and store tabletops and sofas on end, to save space.
- Old photographs tend to curl over time. To keep them flat, place them between two pieces of cardboard and tape them together.
- Drain gasoline and oil from lawn mowers and other items with small engines.
- Place items you’ll need often at the front of the unit.
- When you pack your mobile unit, create a center aisle for easy access to items at the rear.
- Do not use plastic to wrap upholstered furniture, use old linens or curtains so the items can breathe.
- Take photographs of your furniture and valuables. This provides a visual record in case you need to make any claim for loss or damage.
- Organize packing room by room keeping like items together. Keep small appliances with their accessories and instructions in the same boxes.
- Label boxes as you pack, number each box and keep a layout map of the unit it makes it easy to maintain an inventory. When you need to retrieve something from one of your boxes in storage it can be easily located.
- Use the spaces in furniture drawers and cupboards for additional storage. Try not to have any redundant space in the unit as it is a waste of your storage space and your money.