Use the proper packing materials. It will pay off in the long run! Using new, high-quality packing materials specifically designed for storage and moving can really help your items get to their destination safely. Sturdy boxes, packing tape, bubble wrap, and packing peanuts can all be purchased online at BoxNGo.com and delivered to you with your Box-n-go storage containers. Wardrobe boxes and other specialty boxes can be found there too.
Get the right box for the job and your stuff will be safe. Get more boxes than you think you will need and your packing project will be manageable.
Professional moving cartons come in a variety of shapes and sizes that are specifically suited to fit a variety of household goods. Check out the following list and you’ll be amazed at the offerings that can simplify the job.
Dish Pack (or China Barrel): Extra sturdy corrugated carton of double-wall construction used for all breakables such as china and dishes, crystal and glassware.
You may also want to use cellular dividers inside the carton as an extra measure of protection.
- Double-wall cartons Extra protective cartons made especially for fine china, crystal, and other high-value, hard to replace items.
- Small Box (Book or 1.5 cu. ft. Carton): A small, easy to handle carton designed for heavy items such as books and records or CDs and DVDs/video tapes.
- Medium Box (3.0 cu. ft. Carton): Medium utility box often used for pots and pans, toys, non-perishable food (cans and jars) and small appliances. 3 cubic feet.
- Large Square Box (Lamp or 4.5 cu. ft. Carton): For bulky items such as linens, towels, toys or lampshades.
- Large Rectangular Box (Lamp or 6.0 cu. ft. Carton): For large but lightweight, bulky articles such as pillows, blankets and large lampshades.
- Wardrobe Carton: This large carton has a hanger bar to accommodate clothes from your closet or draperies.
- Mirror Carton: Telescoping cartons fit almost any picture, mirror or glass.
- Mattress Bags: Available in king, queen, double, single (twin) and crib sizes; you’ll need one for every box spring and every mattress.
- Stretch wrap A special plastic covering that safely adheres to furniture and protects it from snags, tears, and dirt.
- Other Supplies
- Bundles of tissue and ink-free packing paper (clean, unprinted newsprint)
- Bubble wrap, padding, tissue paper or paper towels for delicate items
- Plastic sheets/tarp
- Packing peanuts
- Several rolls of 2″ PVC packing tape (don’t use masking tape or cellophane tape)
- Tape dispenser
- Masking tape
- Several broad-tipped permanent markers for labeling
- Scissors, sharp knife and other tools for cutting cartons or open up boxes
- Notebook and pen or pencil for listing contents of cartons as they are packed
- Labels or stickers for identifying boxes
- Sandwich bags (to hold appliance/furniture hardware)
- Small hand truck or “dolly”
- Old blankets or sheets for the corners of furniture, or to wrap around cabinets to keep the drawers shut
TIP: Use newspaper only for cushioning only – never place newspaper against items as the ink will rub off. It can get embedded in fine china, so be cautious!