3 Great Steps to Downsize for Movers Stevenson Ranch California
Here at Box-n-Go, it would seem ridiculous for us to advise you to downsize prior to your move. Most movers Stevenson ranch California would look at it as the more you move, the more we earn! This is why finding a right moving company in Stevenson Ranch is a challenge. However, at Box-n-Go we know anything we can do to make your move more efficient will make you a happy customer.
Here are some quick-start actions that you can take today to reduce your clutter.
Fill up a trash bag.
Grab a bin bag, and dash around your home. Pick up all the trash you have been meaning to throw out for ages. However, don’t stop till the bin bag is full. If you can still see any trash after you filled up a bag, keep calm, carry on and fill up another bag. You will be surprised how much stuff can be thrown out, as a result of this simple process.
Do a 30 Minute Goodwill Collection.
Quickly, take a large box and go through every room in your house spending no more than 5-10 minutes in each room. Pick up all the things that have been niggling away at you begging you to take it to the goodwill, or give to friends. Then put the box aside to take to the goodwill next time you can, because this will help reducing the size of your move.
The right Moving Company in Stevenson Ranch
Keep a Donate Box in Room
Put a donate box in every room you need to declutter. Over the next few weeks, whenever you discover an item for donation, throw it in the donate box. No walking to the other end of your home. When the box gets full, take the items away and put the empty box back in the room to fill up again.
In addition to reducing your clutter, please consider that the following items cannot be moved safely. If, however, your move will involve self storage, you can use the same list of items for that as well.
Prohibited Goods List
- Aerosol cans, because these are dangerous in general, likely you will have to move these yourself, or just throw them away.
- Ammunition, because these type of items are generally prohibited and may be illegal to be moved by others.
- Car batteries
- Charcoal, lighter fluid
- Chemistry sets
- Liquid bleach
- Loaded guns, because moving these by a third party is illegal.
- Nail polish or Nail polish remover
- Paint thinners
- Pool chemicals
- Propane or Butane tanks
- Weed killer
- Cleaning solvents, because if any of the bottles are opened, it is impossible to seal them back.
- Darkroom chemicals
- Fire extinguishers
- Household batteries
- Cash. Although most movers are honest people, however, it is best not to test your luck.
- Items of Sentimental value
- Live Plants, because these may get damaged during the move. Especially if your move is into self storage, plants will not survive there.
The right movers Stevenson Ranch California will help you a great deal with your move. Give Box-n-Go a call at 1-877-269-6461.