When you have to pack for a move you have to ensure your packing skills are up to speed. This will save you time, money and reduce your stress! However, packing for Venice CA moving company is relatively simple for most small movers Venice CA.
Preparing for Venice CA Moving Company
- When you are filling the boxes, try to have a theme for its contents. For example, you might have one box for old kitchen appliances and another for winter clothing.
- Pack similar things together, hence, you will have an easier time getting things out of storage down the road.
- Label each box according to its contents. Remember that the boxes will be stacked, so write the label on the top and on all of its sides. if the contents of the box are fragile, make sure to write that on the box, as well as, to mention which side is the top, so as to avoid any problems.
- Remember, not all your belongings will fit nicely into boxes, however. You will have larger items that need a little additional preparation before they head to the storage facility. Follow the extensive packing tips on this blog to ensure your belongings are prepared and packed correctly.
- It is normally not advised to place anything highly valuable in the unit. You could invest in a locked box or safe. However good your movers Venice CA are, it is not worthwhile to take chances with jewelry or other expensive pieces so maybe a security box at a bank would be a better option.
What not to pack for movers Venice CA
Your move may include storage, therefore, you have to make sure you are prepared for this. When it come to self storage, most companies would not allow certain items be placed inside the storage units. These prohibited items may be:
- Aerosol cans, especially if they are still full
- Ammunition, due to it may be illegal to be stored
- Car batteries
- Charcoal, lighter fluid
- Chemistry sets
- Liquid bleach
- Loaded guns
- Nail polish or Nail polish remover
- Paint thinners
- Pool chemicals
- Propane or Butane tanks
- Weed killer
- Cleaning solvents
- Darkroom chemicals
- Fire extinguishers
- Household batteries
- Collectibles, because these items are irreplaceble
- Items of Sentimental value. Again, this is because many of your memories are irreplaceable.
- Live Plants, because they need sun and water
If you need storage with your move, please consider using Box-n-Go moving. Just call us 877-269-6461 and we will take care of your moving and storage needs. Box-n-Go can easily accommodate all types of movers Venice CA with all types of budgets, hence your call to us will be worthwhile.