Going through a divorce is never easy. Even if you parted with your ex-spouse on good terms, your life is turned upside down. You may not be able to see your kids as often, you have lost the person who was your life partner and you probably have to move.
An impending divorce usually means having to move items to another residence. But most people who split with their spouse end up getting a much smaller place. You may not be able to fit all your items in a one-bedroom apartment. That is why you are considering Sherman Oaks storage facilities. The problem is that a storage facility 91423 does not offer the best amenities and value.
Here are three common mistakes people make when they are getting divorced and choosing between storage units near 91423.
1. Choosing the Cheapest Option
When you consider Sherman Oaks storage, do not look at the lowest priced options and think you have found a great deal. There is a reason these storage units near 91423 have knockdown prices – they are cutting corners. The facility will be old and unclean, the security is minimal, and you will have very limited access to your items.
It is always best to assess a storage facility 91423 on its overall package. How much value are you getting? That matters a lot more than the monthly price that you see attached to each option.
2. Prioritizing Cost over Convenience
Convenience matters a great deal when picking between Sherman Oaks storage options. Yes, some storage facility 91423 has low prices and decent facilities. But what about the convenience factor?
You are getting divorced and you already have so much on your plate. Now you must rent a U-Haul, load up all your items from the house within a couple hours, drive that truck to a storage facility many miles away and then load everything into your storage space. That sounds exhausting. Is it worth saving a few dollars each month?
3. Thinking About the Short-Term
When picking between storage units near 91423, think about more than the coming days. Yes, you may think that choosing a cheap place is the best way to get your items out now. But then you are stuck with a storage facility that is not offering you all the amenities and convenience that you want. It is much better to patiently go through all the options until you find the one that meets your needs.
One options for divorced individuals is mobile storage. By hiring a mobile storage company such as Box-n-Go, you get so much more for your money. Say you are moving out of your house. Box-n-Go would send a storage container to your doorstep. Now you can fill up that container in the coming week, whenever you have free time. When the container is full, you can have the company pick it up and send it to your new address. Or you can have them store the container at a nearby facility, which is secure, easily accessible and offers premium features like ground level access.
When the need comes for storage Sherman Oaks you have an ideal solution using the services of Box-n-Go Storage. If you no longer have an immediate requirement for keeping furniture in your home, storing it is an excellent way to keep it secure and safe. It is also an ideal solution when moving to a smaller home, needing extra room or preparing your home for sale.
Typically, with a traditional storage, you will have to:
- Pack and box up all your items.
- Load your packed belongings into a truck or van.
- Drive to the storage facility.
- Unload your possessions.
- Repack them into a self storage unit.
With mobile storage units by Box-n-go you will:
- Delivery of the units and packing materials to your address.
- You can then pack and load it at your own convenience.
- The storage unit has ground level loading, so loading and access is much easier.
- Once packed the unit is collected and taken to a secure storage facility.
This process saves you from having to pack and unpack your boxes twice into transport and storage unit. You will have no need to hire a truck to transport your belongings. Following the tips throughout this blog and below will make your packing easier:
- Small boxes are best. Large boxes can become too heavy. It is easier to use several smaller boxes rather than big heavy ones. Try to keep all boxes under 40 pounds and make sure they are comfortable to lift. manageable.
- Keep sets and components together. Items like furniture fixings, mirror bolts, and other pieces should be bagged and taped to what they belong to. Leads and cables for any electrical items should be coiled and taped to the device.
- Take an inventory. Label boxes clearly with labels by using permanent marker to write the contents on the top and side of each box so they’re easy to identify. Label the boxes with the room which it is destined for and always use “Fragile” when appropriate.
- Use Fabric when possible. To cut back on the amount of tissue and bubble wrap you have to buy, use old textiles like socks, towels, and bed sheets to fill excess space in boxes.
- Fill boxes in layers. Put the heavy items on the bottom, medium weight next, and the lightest items up top. Use crushed paper or pieces of cardboard between the layers as dividers.
Proper preparation and packing is the key to ensuring that your furniture retains its finish, shape and beauty until you wish to enjoy it in your home again.
Wherever possible, disassemble beds and wooden tables before storing.
After dusting, apply polish to protect the surfaces.
Remove all bolts, screws and nuts, place them in a plastic bag taped to the item.
Use fabric rather than plastic to cover furniture especially upholstery as it allows it to breathe, condensation will cause damp atmosphere to form.
Wrap a blanket or quilt around items like headboards and table tops to prevent any scratches or dents.
The benefit in using mobile units compared with regular storage is that Box-n-Go delivers the mobile storage unit to your home for you to pack when needed. .