We all want to maintain a clutter-free home but many of us struggle. We see the task as overwhelming but it is not impossible. The easy availability of Valley Village storage makes many of us take that route rather than declutter. Unfortunately freeing your home of clutter is never going to be a painless process the key thing is to make tough choices to reach your clutter free goal.
Follow the two key strategies to get in the right frame of mind and the impossible can be achieved.
One Room or Spot at a Time
If your home has quite a bit of clutter, looking at the whole place and trying to imagine getting it clutter free is daunting. So make your targets realistic and more manageable by working on one room or area at a time. For example, you may choose to un-clutter your lounge or just one set of drawers. Importantly do not move to another area until you have completed that one room or area.
The real key to clutter control is organization. When you start to de-clutter an area, you need four boxes. Label these storage, trash, donation, and keep. Separate all items accordingly and make tough decisions. If it goes into trash or donate ensure you get them out the home immediately.
For the storage piles, use cardboard boxes or plastic storage containers to keep things organized. Label the boxes and take them to a Valley Village self storage unit so they stop taking up valuable room in your home.
If you are looking for Valley Village self storage, one option available to you is the innovative mobile storage supplied by Box-n-Go Storage. They deliver mobile storage to you saving travel time and truck hire. Whichever storage option you finally take even if it is the traditional storage route how you pack and load your possessions is important.
If you are placing your items in Valley Village storage long term, there are some steps you have to take to make sure your belongings stay in top-condition. While you can get access to your storage, sometimes it’s virtually impossible when you are thousands of miles away. So, how do you protect your items from, debris, damage and theft when you don’t have immediate access to them in Valley Village?
Here are some quick and simple tips to ensure that your items will be in good condition while in Valley Village storage:
- Don’t stack boxes and storage bins too high- They can fall if you do
- Use plastic storage containers instead of boxes that can be easily damaged
- Clean, wash and dry all of your clothes and linens before placing in storage
- Buy a secure padlock and lock up anything valuable
- Wrap delicate items in bubble wrap
- Dont pack different types of items together. It is not a good idea packing a delicate china figurine in the same box with cast-iron pans.
- Keep all parts or pairs of things together. For example, curtain rod hangers, mirror bolts and other fixings should be kept in plastic or cloth bags and taped or tied securely to the item to which they belong.
- Wind up electrical flexes, fastening them so they do not become a trip hazard.
- Wrap items individually in clean paper; use tissue paper, paper towels or even facial tissue for fine china, crystal and delicate items.
- Don’t use newspaper as the newsprint can transfer
- Use colored wrapping paper draws attention to very small things.
- Place a two- or three-inch layer of crushed paper in the bottom of a carton for cushioning.
- Use a double layer of newspaper for a good outer wrapping.
- Research if your storage in Valley Village is climate controlled
- Wrap your furniture in plastic
- Disassemble any furniture or electronics
- Drain all the fuel tanks of outdoor equipment , such as Lawnmowers
- Make sure your storage in Valley Village is equipped with state of the art security systems
- Don’t store any flammable items or weapons
- Use moth balls or potpourri to preserve the freshness of your garments and to keep moths away
- Label all items for easier access when you return
- Make sure you choose the right size storage unit to avoid overstuffing
- Inspect the storage warehouse in Valley Village for bugs and insects
- Place all your valuable belongings in the back of your storage unit in Valley Village
Call Box-n-Go storage in Valley Village for your entire short and long term storage needs today!
When you need a safe and secure storage unit, choose our Valley Village Storage. At Box-n-Go, we offer short term and long term storage rentals at an affordable rate. Whether you need to use our storage for 1 week or one year, we have you covered. Call us today to reserve you spacious storage unit in Valley Village now!
Box-n-Go provides self-storage units to the following zip codes in Valley Village, CA: 91601, 91602, 91607, 91617. Find a Valley Village portable storage unit near you!