If you are searching for storage facilities near Santa Clarita, CA, you still may be on the fence about choosing a local storage locker for your needs. There are many myths and misconceptions about placing your items in self storage, and that can hinder your decision. For every “bad” self-storage story, we can assure you there is a good one. Here are three reasons why you should place your items in our storage units in Santa Clarita, California.
Affordable, safe, & secure self storage in Santa Clarita, CA
- More space – If you live in a tiny apartment, a small dorm room, or a clutter-filled house, placing your belongings in our Santa Clarita storage units for rent will give you more space than you could ever dream of. This way you can use that extra space to create, relax, or enjoy.
- Security and safety – While many homes in the Santa Clarita region are equipped with alarm systems and security, there are still people who prefer not to take chances by leaving valuables on their property. They often feel that placing their items in storage units will be more ideal. Why? Because most storage centers have state-of-the-art surveillance and security systems. Most people who place their stuff in storage can put their mind at ease knowing their items are in good hands.
- Convenience – In today’s world, everyone is busy. There is so much to do in so little time. This is why most people look for solutions where they don’t have to do any of the heavy lifting as a result of their moving need. Placing items in our Santa Clarita self-storage units is a convenient, low-cost way to solve this problem.
Use Santa Clarita Mini Storage Units to Declutter a Room
Most households around Santa Clarita have a spare bedroom or reception room that is not used effectively. Households often have a room in the home that is packed with things you only use infrequently, such as seldom-used exercise gym equipment like treadmills or bikes and holiday items or Christmas decorations.
We may also be storing boxes that were packed when we originally moved into our homes. These are all items we thought we needed to keep for some reason or another, but we have to consider that long-term storage in these rooms is not ideal.
If you can free up any room in your home you can have an extra bedroom, home cinema, gym, or whatever you want. Importantly you could rent the room out and gain an additional income. Those are just a few possibilities that become available when you use our small storage units in Santa Clarita.
Even if You Want to Declutter a Kitchen – Self Storage is Your Solution
Most family households contain a large and extensive collection of crockery, dishes, and glassware that is not only valuable but often heavy and breakable. When we need to place these into storage, special care must be given when packing them.
- If the items in one box are varying weights, place the heavier items on the bottom.
- Pack your items using the appropriate packing materials such as bubble wrap or tissue paper.
- Use the heavier boxes for glasses or dinnerware.
- Wrap dishes and glasses individually and pad the boxes with packing paper or bubble wrap.
- Place a thick layer of packing paper inside the bottom and top of cartons.
- Fill in any empty space with crumpled paper.
- Plates are best stacked on edge.
- You can nestle some items like bowls and glasses with paper between them.
- If mixing dishes with glasses, place the glasses above the dishes.
- Use boxes specifically made for dishes.
- Most importantly mark boxes “FRAGILE”!
An ideal solution is to use storage. Santa Clarita residents can use mobile units for self storage supplied by Box-n-Go Storage. The mobile storage containers can be delivered to any Santa Clarita address. You can then take your time to carefully empty possessions from your rooms and pack for easy short-term storage at a secure local facility.
The advantage of using mobile storage units from Box-n-Go Storage in Santa Clarita for these precious items is that you can pack these items carefully into your mobile storage unit yourself. The goods need only to be packed once so there is no need to load and unpack into a regular storage site. An added benefit is that there is no truck rental or tiresome commute.
Reasons for You to Choose Box-n- Go:
- Our Santa Clarita storage center is just a reasonable drive away from your home.
- They will pick up and deliver your packed portable storage units to wherever you need to go.
- FREE ground-level access, with quick retrieval of your items whenever you need them.
- Breathable storage units that prevent mold, mildew, and damage.
When it comes to packing your mobile storage units, keep these handy packing tips in mind as well as the extensive range of packing tips on this site:
- Pack all boxes to capacity. Boxes that are not full are more likely to collapse and boxes that are overfilled tend to tear apart.
- Label all boxes as soon as you’re finished packing them to ensure you can find them again without too much searching.
- Use fabric such as old blankets or sheets to cover furniture rather than plastic.
- To prevent scratching glass furniture tops, wrap them in paper or newspaper.
- Pack heavy things into smaller boxes and lighter things into the larger boxes.
- Wrap all glass and breakable articles individually in bubble wrap or towels.
- Do not pack valuable items such as passports, jewelry, and cash.
- Sell or give to charity everything you will no longer require as it will only take up unnecessary space in your storage unit.
The mobile storage containers when packed are then collected at your convenience to be placed in our secure Santa Clarita storage facility.
Call Box-n-Go today for cheap storage space around Santa Clarita!
Whether you need storage for a few days, a few weeks, or even a few years, you can rest assured that the Box-n-Go team is ready, willing, and, most importantly, able to accommodate all of your storage needs with our low-cost Santa Clarita storage rentals. Call Box-n-Go today and find out why we are first and foremost among personal storage companies by Santa Clarita, CA!
Box-n-Go provides self-storage units to the following zip codes in Santa Clarita, CA: 91321, 91322, 91350, 91351, 91354, 91355, 91382, 91385, 91386, 91387. Find a Santa Clarita portable storage unit near you!