Far too many of us use the garage not for our cars but as an extra store room for the over-spill of our households. If you do need extra storage Oak Park residents should not take over the garage but consider other solutions.
As our cars get relegated to the driveway they are exposed to damage from the sun and elements which can deteriorate paintwork and interiors. Another issue is security as a garage will always offer a safer location than the roadside and deter casual thieves.
The best way to tackle the issue is to follow these guidelines:
- Tackle the organization of the garage after you have decluttered and organized the other rooms of your rest home.
- Ruthlessly sell, discard or donate items that no longer have regular use.
- Place regularly used items in the most accessible places in the garage. This will at least ensure they are used.
- Sort remaining items into appropriate categories and then purchase sturdy, properly sized storage containers.
- Keep your sorted items together on shelves or in sections keeping parking free.
- Make the most of wall space with wall-mounted peg boards, tool holders, and hooks.
- Use small, stackable containers to hold small hardware and fixings.
When we need extra storage, Oak Park residents are well placed to take advantage of the mobile storage units supplied by Box-n-Go Storage. These can be delivered to any Oak Park address for you to load at your own convenience.
The belongings access is very convenient as well. All you need to do is to call Box-n-go a day in advance and request access to your belongings. Your unit will be pulled from a secure storage warehouse and set on the ground for you. You will be able to access your belongings on the ground level! This service is very easy and convenient. Very affordable as well.
Creepy critters, bugs, rodents, call them whatever you want, but one thing is for sure: they don’t belong in your Oak Park home. While you do everything to keep your house clean, there are some small insects like ants, cockroaches, and bugs that seem to make their way into your home. Over the counter bug sprays and pesticides only do so much and are considered a temporary fix. So, what do you do?
Your best bet will be to call an Oak Park exterminator to help you eliminate your pesky pest problem. But, there’s one problem: Your furniture and valuable items are still in your home. While most people opt to have their house sprayed, there are many people who are apprehensive about the harsh chemicals that are used to kill the bugs. This is why many people are searching for Storage Oak Park.
Storage to Help in Family Situations
The most common situation facing a couple who are divorcing is the upheaval of arranging new living arrangements for the family. Oak Park Self Storage its the option. The media often only portrays a man leaving a household when the marriage breaks down as the only outcome; however this is not always the case.
How can using Oak Park self storage help this situation? When a man leaves the home they often need to store items as they downsize to smaller living arrangements. Box-n-Go Storage makes the process a lot easier at this stressful time by delivering mobile units directly to the home. This saves any tiresome commute to a remote storage facility.
The wife and the kids stay in the family home while a husband gets an apartment or smaller home in the area. Many men actually do this before they even start any form of legal process towards divorce with the assumption that the details will be worked out at a later date.
Best advice is that a partner should never move out of the house voluntarily.
There are several reasons why this it should be carefully avoided.
- You are telling everyone including the judge that you have the financial means to afford your own home and still support yourself.
- You are inadvertently telling any judge that you have no issues with letting your wife have custody of the kids.
Storage may seem an ideal solution when you eventually move away from the family home but for the reasons above should be carefully considered.
Why put your furniture in Oak Park self storage?
The ideal solution is to put your furniture in Oak Park self storage. The reason being is, you never know what kind of chemicals and treatments can harm your furniture. There’s nothing more frustrating than discovering your favorite piece of furniture was damaged due to a chemical treatment. So, before you call your exterminator you want to search for Storage Oak Park, and ask about different storage options for your needs.
In some cases, an infestation problem may be too large to handle, and it may require Oak Park residents to move out of their home temporarily, or find reasonable accommodation in Oak Park for a few days. If this is the case, you want to search for Storage Oak Park online that has portable storage units. This way your items can be delivered to you if you have to stay out of your Oak Park home longer than anticipated.
Placing your items in Oak Park self storage is the ideal solution, however, you want to make sure that your furniture doesn’t have pest and creepy critters as well. Therefore, before you place your furniture and other belongings in Oak Park self storage you want to make sure your furniture is pest free. Here are some steps to “de-bug” your furniture before placing it in Oak park self storage:
- Spray and wipe down all wooden/glass furniture with disinfectant wipes and spray
- Disassemble all furniture and shake out any parts necessary
- Thoroughly wash pillows, sheets, and any other fabrics
- Perform a thorough check before placing your items in self storage
- Inform your storage of pests problems- they may have extra tips they can give you
Call Box-n- Go storage 91377 and store all your items today!
While getting rid of a bug problem is not the best reason to place your items in storage, you can put your mind at ease knowing that there is an Oak Park storage center minutes away from your home. Whether you need to store your furniture and other items for a few weeks, or a few months, Box-n-Go self storage will take care of you. Call us at 877-269-6461 and rent one of our storage units today!