We all have reasons for clearing space within our homes. When need to remove some items Box-n-Go Storage can provide West Covina residents with storage 91790 direct to their location. Whether you’re moving to a new house, renovating part of your current house, or simply need extra space to store your things, West Covina storage units can be exactly what you need. However, you shouldn’t simply jump at the first storage facility you happen to drive past. Instead, it’s best to know what you’re getting into before you rent an West Covina storage unit. Here are some things you should know before renting West Covina CA storage units.
Things you may want to store can include:
- Vacation clothes that will only be needed when away.
- Cherished furniture you want to pass along to your children when they leave home or that will be put in a room that is currently under renovation.
- Any tax documents that need to be kept but take up too much space at home.
- Old appliances that work and you expect to give to a family member or use in a holiday home.
- Items left by children with you for safekeeping whilst they are away working or studying.
- Bikes or during cold weather
- Garden tools
- Recreational vehicles
- Large collections such as antiques or paintings.
- Nursery items and toys in between children.
What You Need to Know Before Renting West Covina Storage
Whether you’re moving to a new house, renovating part of your current house, or simply need extra space to store your things, West Covina CA storage units can be exactly what you need. However, you shouldn’t simply jump at the first storage units near 91790 you happen to drive past. Instead, it’s best to know what you’re getting into before you rent a storage unit 91791. Here are some things you should know before renting West Covina CA storage units in 91790.
The Size of West Covina Storage Near 91791
The traditional West Covina self storage units near 91791 come in many sizes. Before you rent a storage unit, make sure you know how much room you need. If you have one particularly large item you’re going to store, then choose storage near me 91791 to fit that. However, it’s never bad idea to have a bit of extra room, especially if you’re going to use an West Covina storage unit long term.
You can also figure out how much space you need by using one of the storage unit size calculators online. Typical storage near 91792 sizes range from as small as 5×5 to as large as 10×20. If you are considering using mobile storage units from Box-n-Go, they all come in a standard size of 8 x 5. Each unit fits about one room to a room and a half of furniture, appliances and belongings. Box-n-Go can deliver as many units as you wish.
The Type of West Covina Mini Storage
Another thing you’ll need to consider when you rent a traditional West Covina storage unit is which type of West Covina self storage units you need. Standard West Covina CA storage units are usually box-shaped. You can drive right up to it, normally for the additional fee. Some West Covina self storage units, however, are climate friendly to offer extra protection for your things. You can store valuables that need extra protection from temperature change, such as furniture and artwork. On the other hand, mobile storage units are modular and offer drive-up access for free. These units do not have moisture build up inside when temperature changes. A commercial grade insulated building contains these units, where inside temperature does not fluctuate.
The Location of an West Covina Storage Unit
Location is also a big factor if you’re trying to decide between two West Covina self storage units. Ideally you want something that’s close to your home, but you may want to find one in between two houses if you’re going to move. If you’re going to use your storage unit for dirt bikes and ATVs, you might want to look for West Covina CA storage units that are on the way to your favorite riding destination. In any case, location plays a large role in how well an West Covina storage unit works for you.
Again this consideration is not as applicable to mobile storage. The units are delivered right to your home!
Mini Storage – The Contract
This is especially important if you’re considering renting a storage unit for long-term use. Although West Covina storage unit contracts aren’t generally the most complicated, there are some things you need to watch out for to make sure you get a good deal. For example, you will have to pay a admin fee to rent some West Covina storage units, and there may also be a late fee if you don’t make a payment on time. Make sure you pay on time and make your payments. The owner can seize your storage unit and its contents if you don’t pay. These are all important parts of your contract that you need to be aware of if you’re looking for the best West Covina self storage units.
One of the tricky aspects of packing and storing in Storage West Covina, is how to pack mirrors and other glass framed items to avoid damage. The superstition of seven years bad luck may be doubtful but a breakage of a mirror or glass can be costly and also dangerous to those around it.
Avoid Messy Problems
When you use the services of personal self Storage West Covina residents can follow the tips below to avoid this costly messy problem.
- Apply masking tape diagonally to the glass front of framed items and mirrors to prevent shifting of the glass in transit which can cause breakage. These items are more vulnerable at the corners so need added protection in those areas with additional packing.
- You should group thinner pieces together separating them with layers of bubble wrap or polyethylene foam.
- You can obtain specialist mirror boxes allowing you to pack individual pieces or groups surrounded by adequate packing materials to ensure a safe transit.
- Crate especially valuable, costly, or cherished mirrors and works of art to protect your investment. Label the boxes as “Fragile” alongside the room destination.
West Covina Mini Storage – Packing Your Electronics
We all enjoy our computer and other equipment such as home cinema and video game consoles; however they do take up a lot of space and need special treatment in packing when moving or storing. The home cinema and sound systems we amass are not only great sources of entertainment but fragile and expensive sophisticated items that need special handling when going into storage. The solutions offered by Box-n-Go Storage give residents of West Covina Storage facilities that make life easier.
The following packing tips will help you pack without any risks
- Repack computer and audio visual components in their original boxes if possible.
- If these boxes are not available, choose a box that’s slightly larger than the component being packed to allow sufficient room for sufficient packing materials.
- Each component should be packed individually to avoid them colliding and scratching.
- You need to back up all files and remove disks from computers before packing. When they are moved hard drives can suffer physical shock damage making them unreadable if dropped.
- Remove all media such as CD’s from the units before they are packed. Secure the arm of your stereo turntable and lock the laser of the CD player.
- Label all wires, connectors, and jacks of your components to make re-connecting your system easier.
- Label boxes as “Fragile” also mark boxes with their room locations e.g., LOUNGE – DVD; OFFICE – MONITOR.
Your West Covina Storage units will then be collected and taken to a secure storage site for safe and secure keeping.
Storage Prohibited Goods List
- Aerosol cans
- Car batteries
- Charcoal, lighter fluid
- Chemistry sets
- Liquid bleach
- Loaded guns
- Nail polish or Nail polish remover
- Paint thinners
- Pool chemicals
- Propane or Butane tanks
- Weed killer
- Cleaning solvents
- Darkroom chemicals
- Fire extinguishers
- Household batteries
- Items of Sentimental value
- Live Plants
You Best West Covina Mini Storage Option
Box-n-Go Storage deliver a mobile storage unit for you to pack, it is then collected at your convenience to be placed in our secure storage facility. It’s a great solution to self storage space needs. Households can be assured their mirrors and other glass framed fragile possessions are safe in the specially designed mobile storage unit.
This storage unit provides an ideal way to store by allowing you to carefully pack and place your belongings in the container in your own time. The container is low loading with easy access so no lifting problems. The benefit over dealing with a traditional West Covina mini storage site is that you do not have to pack items into a truck then drive them to a storage company to unpack into a regular storage locker. So saving time as you will not be packing and commuting to a remote storage facility.
Storage Units West Covina – Try Box-n-Go
If you are not sure on how many storage units you need, the best thing you can do is to ask questions don’t be afraid. Box-N-Go storage friendly customer service will be glad to answer any questions or concern you may have. Moving is stressful, however with Box-N-Go storage make your storage service experience hassle free with peace of mind.
Before you choose Box-n-Go, compare us to other options:
- My Self Storage – 901 W Service Ave, West Covina, CA 91790
- Extra Space Storage – 318 N Vincent Ave
- West Covina Mini Storage – 2221 W San Bernardino Rd, West Covina, CA 91790
- West Cargo Self Storage Space – 901 W Service Ave, West Covina, CA 91790
- Public Storage 91790 – 2710 E Garvey Ave S, West Covina, CA 91791
- My Self Storage Space West Covina – 901 W Service Ave, West Covina, CA 91790
Box-n-Go delivers its innovative and convenient storage and moving services in the cities and neigborhoods near you: San Gabriel, CA, Monrovia, CA, Temple City, CA, Baldwin Park, CA, Covina, CA, City of Industry, CA, Duarte, CA, Irwindale, CA, Azusa, CA as well as most of the greater Los Angeles, CA and Orange County, CA.