So, you are thinking about putting your items in San Gabriel storage. However, you are not sure what to store. Have you ever heard that phrase; when in doubt; toss it out? Well, you simply don’t want to toss all you prized possessions out the window, right? However, there are some things that belong in storage 91776 and some things that don’t. Of course, you know your typical furniture, instruments, books, and clothes belong in storage near 91776, but what are some of the things that absolutely have no place in storage San Gabriel Valley.
The rise of self storage units near 91776 over the last few years has been staggering we have seen many traditional self storage sites appearing all over the outskirts of towns and cities. For those considering storage San Gabriel due to space issues in the home using self storage is the answer.
When we plan to use a facility for San Gabriel Valley storage it is far too easy to bundle as much of our stuff into boxes, drive to a site and dump in a locker. One of the advantages in taking a mobile storage near me 91776 from Box-n-Go Storage is that we can take our time to load the unit carefully in your own time at your location.
Tips to ensure you do not inadvertently store items you may need:
- Hold onto clothes that are in season and that you will wear regularly.
- Keep practical items in regular use like silverware, towels, bedding and soap dishes with you.
- Leave out often-used pieces of furniture.
- Keep photos and wall hangings as they will add warmth to the home décor.
- Hold onto board games and only enough toys to fill your child’s toy box.
- Keep enough of your college student’s personal objects to make them feel at home when they visit.
- File current bills and private documents like social security cards and bank account information at home.
- Make room for sporting gear that someone in the house uses regularly such as swimming gear, basketballs, yoga mats or bikes.
- Ensure that you keep your emergency household tool kit as you never know when you may need them.
The key to using storage effectively to free space is to follow suggestions of what best to place in your storage unit.
- Store out-of-season clothing and footwear.
- Box up extra items that clutter your cupboards like excess towels, extra blankets and toothbrush holders that have been replaced by a fresh design.
- Store old furniture that only relatives sit in when they visit every six months or the nest of tables that nobody uses but everyone trips over.
- Store photos and wall hangings that make the room look too busy or just don’t fit your current design scheme.
- Pack away extra children’s toys that you have no room for. Involve your child in the decisions.
- Put away your college student belongings that spill out of his closets into other rooms or that make his room uncomfortable for guests.
Ultimately, use your discretion to decide what goes into storage San Gabriel and what stays. Label your stored goods well. If you are keeping them, you should rotate what you can into daily use every so often. Once packed your mobile storage unit is collected at your convenience and taken to a secure storage facility. San Gabriel Valley storage has never been more straightforward.
What items should you not put into storage units San Gabriel?
While you may think that many people are aware of storage rules, there are many individuals who try to put items in self storage San Gabriel Valley that simply don’t belong there. So, here’s a guide to help you so you can find out where to store these items.
It goes without saying, if you have guns, knives, swords or any other type of item that can be classified as a weapon, it’s better to keep them on your person. They don’t belong in storage and can cause more harm than good while being stored.
Whether prescription or non-prescription, drugs do not belong in storage units in San Gabriel. They belong on your person. While, we don’t condone non-prescription drugs, they are not safe in storage. The police can easily seize all your belongings out of your storage unit. If you are a prescription medication, it is best to keep them with you at all times. You never know when you need it, and it’s good to have them on you in case of an emergency.
Believe it or not, there are many people who are afraid of the Zombie Apocalypse. It maybe fictional, but there are a lot of people who believe it will happen. Therefore these individuals are doing whatever they can to prepare. This often means that they buy a lot of canned and dry goods, and have food storage. Some of their food storage is so big; they have nowhere to put it, and choose to search for self storage in San Gabriel Valley. While food storage is a good idea to help during a natural disaster, it’s not a great idea to put an actual storage unit. Food can attract bugs, and rodents.
Important documents and Family keepsakes
When you want to keep your important documents safe and secure, you can place them in storage. However, some documents you need to keep on your person. This includes; identification, passport, checkbooks, money, and family heirlooms. Instead of placing these items in San Gabriel self storage, you should invest in a fire proof safe for your home or get a safe deposit box at a bank.
Prohibited items for storage units in San Gabriel Valley
- Aerosol cans
- Car batteries
- Charcoal, lighter fluid
- Chemistry sets
- Liquid bleach
- Loaded guns
- Nail polish or Nail polish remover
- Paint thinners
- Pool chemicals
- Propane or Butane tanks
- Weed killer
- Cleaning solvents
- Darkroom chemicals
- Fire extinguishers
- Household batteries
- Sentimental Value Items
Use Your Common Sense
When it comes to determine what to place in storage, use your judgement. If you know there are things you can’t keep in your house, will get you in trouble, or attract rodents, then it’s safe to say that these items don’t belong in Storage units in San Gabriel Valley!
A major life event is a wedding most of us go through it at least once! Couples will often plan their weddings over several months and more often years. During this period couples will collect wedding supplies and gifts for their big day as well as rehearsal dinners and honeymoon. Storage San Gabriel Valley its a great alternative!
Some of these items can be rented but more personal items need to be kept safe for the big day. For many a solution is to use self storage. San Gabriel Valley residents can use the services of Box-n-Go Storage who will deliver mobile units to their address.
As the wedding outfits, champagne glasses, table decorations and wedding gifts can quickly stack up. A mobile storage unit will help to keep these items separate from day to day possessions. It will also reduce the chance of anything getting damaged or lost in the approach to the day. To help keep the wedding items organized you can include shelving units and storage baskets. It is wise to label boxes in the mobile storage unit.
As the day draws near, the couple may have extra reason for maintaining a mobile storage unit, especially if they are dressing the venue themselves. If family and friends are arranging up the seating and reception tables, instead of using the services of a wedding planner, they will need storage. San Gabriel Valley marrying couples will make the wedding day a happy stress free occasion.
San Gabriel Self Storage – Compare your storage options
When it comes to storage, you have numerous options. Box-n-Go is certainly only one of them. While we beleive we offer the widest array of options and services, check out what some of our best competitors offer:
- San Gabriel Self-Storage – 126 E Las Tunas Dr, San Gabriel, CA 91776
- Public Storage San Gabriel – 550 S San Gabriel Blvd, San Gabriel, CA 91776
- Universal Storage Solutions – 425 S Pine St, San Gabriel, CA 91776
- Stor-Mor Self Storage – 8635 Valley Blvd
Call our self storage San Gabriel Valley today!
At Box n- Go, we have portable storage units that can hold a wide variety of household items including furniture, clothes, bicycles, electronics, computers and more. Whether you need to have a storage facility for a few days, or a few months we have you covered. Call Box-n-Go today and ask us about our affordable storage facilities in San Gabriel Valley!
Box-n-Go delivers its innovative and convenient storage and moving services in the cities and neighborhoods near you: Monrovia, CA, Temple City, CA, Baldwin Park, CA, Covina, CA, West Covina, CA, City of Industry, CA, Duarte, CA, Irwindale, CA, Azusa, CA as well as most of the greater Los Angeles, CA and Orange County, CA.